Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Making a nest.

It's been a champion drying day, the washing is all put away after a good blow on the line. None of it gets ironed, I don't do ironing. The bed has been stripped and made up again. I have posted about this before, but it was ages ago so worth another mention. It's how I make my bed into a nest. 
First I have a mattress cover. On top of that I put one duvet, this I lie on top of. The lining of my nest if you like. Then I have four pillows for my head. I actually lie on two or three of them, the fourth one is used to prop me up in a sitting position while I read for ten minutes. Inside my bed I have another pillow which goes under my knees. I just find it more comfortable that way. 
Next on top of that is another duvet.
And finally another duvet. So that's one underneath and two on top. 
This is my nest ready to get into. I am not using the quilt I made at the moment as it's not needed. I will save it for the spring and summer. By surrounding myself in these duvets I burrow down like a mouse in a hole. I used to have an electric blanket many moons ago, but since making my bed like this in the winter I haven't bothered to replace it. I occasionally have a hot water bottle, but it isn't always necessary. So there you are, as snug as a bug in a rug.

On a different note, I made an interesting discovery today. I love this fabric which I am using to make a bag. There will be some left, but not enough for a second bag.
Turn it over and look at the other side. Isn't it amazing? It's like a painting, like someone has daubed paint on with a brush. I can see a picture hanging on the wall. This has got my mind working. It could be framed as it is, but what about adding embroidery to it in different colours, and maybe some beads. It could be quite an amazing piece of art.

Now I can't make up my mind which side I like best, the front of it......
Or the back of it? There are a lot of possibilities here. I shall look more closely at the back of fabrics in future, you never know what you will find.

Haven't got time to hang around tonight. Got to get my dinner, then I'm going to do the supermarket dash. I'm going yellow sticker hunting. Hope I'm lucky. Catch you tomorrow.
Toodle pip.

PS. I watched Dragons Den while on the trainer last night. Almost an hour. Had to stop halfway through to take some clothes off. I was chuffin hot, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment