Friday, February 28, 2014

Broccoli every day next week

Thank you everyone for your comments yesterday. I know the consensus is not to feed the troll, and normally I don't, but on this occasion I thought I would  throw them to the lions, and let you rip them to bits, which you did beautifully. so thank you. The troll cannot hurt me, because I won't let them. There is no point whatsoever in their hate campaign, because their nasty words just bounce straight off me. Everything they send will get deleted, so a completely pointless exercise. 
Here is a bit of good news, I was jumping for joy yesterday. I did an hour's gardening helping my friend, and in the same village a new Tesco Express has opened. I thought it was worth a look before I headed home at 5pm. I couldn't believe my eyes, I quickly found the reduced section and there was some good stuff there, I just had to have some yellow stickers. Luckily I had put a few coins in my pocket, just in case. I got £19.55 worth of food for £2.66. Most of it was 90% off. I shall be eating broccoli till it comes out of my ear holes. You can't have too many greens. The ham is a treat for the cats, also I gave one away. I also gave my friend a tub of clotted cream. Not very healthy I know, but a treat. I love finding a bargain, lot's of bargains is even better. Makes shopping a lot more interesting. 
I almost didn't bother going on my planned visit to the big Tesco last night, but at the last minute I changed my mind and went. There was a few items I needed, and I wanted to use the £3 off voucher. I got a few more yellow stickers, a big bag of bananas for 17p, houmous for 10p, cous cous 13p, as well as my regular items. There was no tinned peach slices left so I had pineapple instead, only 4p dearer. There was no Value peanut butter left, and no alternative so I will have to pop in during the day when I am passing.

Today's lunch was two boiled eggs, three spring onions, pickled onions, beetroot, grated carrot, on a bed of cous cous, with two crispbreads. Very nice it was.

I gave away four bags last night at Tesco, all recipients willingly accepted my surprise gift and were chuffed. Today I made these four new bags.

I went to town for an hour this afternoon, to get some cash out of the bank. Picked up a few bits and bobs from the discount stores. I was looking for seed potatoes, but didn't find any to my liking at the price I want to pay. They looked a bit dried up and half dead. I normally get three bags from the Pound shop, but I see they have reduced the content of them. It used to be eight, now there are only six potatoes in the pack. I will look elsewhere. Ought to think about getting some seeds started indoors.

Right, I'm off to catch up on 'Call the Midwife', I missed episode five. A nice mug of hot chocolate and a hot cross bun, (30p for 4), will go down a treat. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a nice weekend. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment