Saturday, December 19, 2015

Learning how to paint with wool.

Hello. My first try at needle felting, I think I'm going to like it. I've watched a lot of videos on yoootooob and I'm itching to get started. A lot of them show how to make small embellishments, dolls, animals, hearts, flowers, faces, and small sculptures. Not many on how to felt onto fabric and make pictures, which is what I want to do. but it looks easy enough. I need to practice. So, I have a piece of grey felt and I am adding a background of colours. 
It's a bit like painting only not so messy. You pull small pieces of wool from the roll and place it where you want it, then stab it with the tool. I like the idea that if it isn't looking how you want it you can add more wool over the top of what you have already done. This is just the start, who knows where it will end up. Looking forward to playing with it.

The fridge is fully installed and looks the business. Bob came round and nudged the cupboard a bit to the left so the fridge has plenty of space around it. I'm planning a Tesco trip tonight as the freezer is completely empty, I need to stock up.

I'll get off because I want to get my two mile power walk in before I go. Thanks for popping in. Catch you soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment