Sunday, December 27, 2015

Making flowers

Hello. I made a mistake yesterday and published the video with no words. In the short time it was live eight people viewed it, apologies if you wondered what was going on. So, what's it all about? I thought I would try and make a tutorial on film rather than just pictures. With no one to hold the camera and no fancy equipment,  I set it up in a block of polystyrene balancing on a plastic box and a tin, secured together with sellotape to stop it falling over.

The first attempt was not good, the position of my hands was too high so some of the details were lost because they were out of shot. The second attempt is much better, even though there are some shadows due to the lighting I put behind me. Nevertheless, it's not bad, and I hope I have made it easy to understand.

If you have some spare time on your hands perhaps you might like to try making the flower embellishments. This is just the basics, you could adapt them to fit in with your other craft work. You could make leaves, and bundle them together to make bunches of flowers. You could make the stems longer and cover them with green wool or ribbon. You could add multiple flowers to one stem. Use your imagination to think of new ideas for them.



Thanks for popping in. There are four of us on the Walk 1000 miles challenge, anyone else going to join us?

Catch up soon. Toodle pip.

PS, Just to let you know I added a video to the post 'From one singleton to another', on December 24th. You might like to go back to it and have a look. It's a programme about a doctor who goes to live with a family who need help changing their lifestye and diets. It's a bit of an eye opener and well worth a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment