Thursday, January 9, 2014

A luxury I can't afford

Oh my gosh, I have eaten something which is very very naughty but absolutely scrumptious. Fresh cream is never on my shopping list, not that I have a shopping list, but if I had one I would not include cream on it. Forgive me, but in a moment of madness, this pot of cream found it's way into my basket. Trolley not needed as I only did a quick dash around after I had recovered the 40p overcharge on the sprouts, from the Customer Service desk. 
Rather a classy pot I thought, when I saw it. Mandarin cream, Grand Marnier, made with Channel Island cream, sounds luscious. When I got it home I dropped a lump into my morning coffee. Oh my, it was lip smackin gorgeous. 
The ingredients list on the back reads like a prime recipe for a heart attack. OMG I really shouldn't have eaten that. My excuse? It was the yellow sticker that first drew my attention to it. I would never have seen it if it wasn't for the fact that it was reduced to 15p.

Now the guilt is kicking in, I hope I haven't done too much damage. I promise not to buy this again. All I can hope is that the mounds of vegetables I consume will cancel out any unfortunate side effects.

Dear heart,
I'm so sorry, please keep ticking.
Lots of love, Ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment