Friday, January 10, 2014

Having a Laff

Dontcha just love to have a laff now and again? Laffing and larking about is good for you, and if you can laff at yourself more's the better. I spent most of my teenage years changing my looks with wigs and hairpieces, and could go from blonde to black in half an hour. It was fun to dress up for clubbing, my friends never knew what colour I was going to be until we met up at the door. I had a long dark wig which I sometimes wore loose like Sandie Shaw, or backcombed to give it bulk copying Cilla's style. A ponytail was sometimes added on top of my scraped back short hair to give the appearance of long locks. Sometimes I piled it on top of my head in cascading curls. Then I had the blonde wig which I teased into different styles, the Dusty Springfield look was my favourite. 
Sometimes my friend Jean would come to my house to get ready for a night out. I was pretty good at hairdressing, never been trained, but had the knack. I would shampoo and set her hair for her, comb it out and style it with one of those tail combs. My hairdressing skills saved her and me lots of  £'s, we both went out with perfectly preened locks. We worked in a factory, and on a Friday, if I wasn't going to wear a wig,  we used to go to work with our heads full of plastic rollers topped with a hairnet, so all we had to do was comb it out before we hit the town. My goodness, I wouldn't dream of walking about all day with rollers in my hair today. Nobody bothered then. 
Anyway, to the pics, Auntie was having a de-clutter and  I spotted a wig sticking out of the top of a carrier bag. Always looking for an excuse to lark about, I tried it on. Ha ha, lets take some selfies. What about me in this black one, should I dye my hair black?   
Ha ha, look at this. I could pass as Vera Duckworth in this blonde frizzy mop. Vera was a character in the world famous Coronation Street, thanks Liz Dawn for bringing us this lovable lady.
Funky eh! Ha ha. I've always wanted long hair, but maybe I'm too old to go yellow. 
Oh gawd, Little Bo Peep, now where are my sheep :o))
You just gotta do something daft sometimes. Come on, confess, have you been larking about, or playing the fool?  Laffing at yourself is a good stress buster. I am past caring about what people think about me, if I want to clown about I will, ha ha. 

On a different note, this is one famous puddytat. Remember when Heidi and her four kittens came to stay at my house for a while until the kittens were old enough to be re-homed? Remember little Kittler as I called him, he was my favourite from the litter. He's only gone and made the national press. A superstar indeed. He is in a wonderful home, they took two kittens, and absolutely adore them. It fair warms the cockles of your heart. Thank you to kind people who take unwanted cats and kittens and give them a forever home. 
A quick note here. I haven't got a postal address from Sue G, who was the winner in the giveaway. Sue, please put your address in a comment which I won't publish, or email me, address on the sidebar. Thanks.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment