Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting some sun on my body, ok, just the face :o))

YAY, a sunny day, I need to do a bit of tidying up in the garden. Found the old rigger boots, it's a bit swampy round here, and the mud sticks to my feet. One raised bed to dig, and pull out the weeds, then lay the last of the compost heap on the top, before covering it for the winter. Oh, it is winter, ha ha. 
 Mayze enjoying a sunbathe in her garden bed.

The water collection centre seems to be doing it's job after the heavy rain we have been getting. Plenty here to transfer to the flushing station next to the downstairs privvy. That's the large waste bin with a saucepan hanging on the door handle above it. No need to pay for water when it comes free from the sky :o))

Raised beds covered with cheap plastic trellis from the Pound Shop. Stops the cats from using them as a toilet. Unfortunately they haven't used the outdoor sand pit litter box that I made for them :o(

This is my den, a home made greenhouse. The plastic roof is very strong, but the sides need recovering. It doesn't help that the cats climb up it and sit on the top. I have plenty of shrink wrap left for that job, will leave it til the spring.  
It's amazing how this is still standing after all the wind we have had. It's a little sun trap here, pity the view is not very attractive. The back end of a tumbledown wreck of a garage is not something you would want to spend time looking at. I used to build den's in the garden when I was a child, and I'm still doing it now, ha ha.
 
Digging down into the bottom of the compost heap I found lots of these wriggly little fellas, great aren't they. They are now getting settled into their new home, and hopefully turning the raised bed into a fertile heap of muck, ready for the next crop.

There will be the usual basic veggies grown this year. The tried and tested, potatoes, runner beans, broad beans, and courgettes. Maybe one or two others, but I won't be mollycoddling them. They either grow or don't grow. When the weather gets warmer, I want to be off out somewhere.

Once again it's the weekend. I hope yours is a good one. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment