Saturday, January 4, 2014

Carrots are good for your eyesight.........

because you don't see rabbits wearing glasses, boom boom :o))
What a grotty day it's been today, rain and more chuffin rain. I managed to get a short walk in when it eased off for an hour, other than that I've been keeping myself busy indoors. Two bags of carrots needed peeling and turning into soupy stew. I wouldn't normally peel them but the skins were a bit rough. I kept six back to eat in the next few days. 
I usually chop veg up with a knife, but I thought I would get the Kenwood out and blitz them in that. I can't remember the last time I used it.

And here we have a large pan full to the top, with a couple of onions added for flavour. Then I chuck in any spices I have. Curry powder, turmeric, wholegrain mustard, two veg stock cubes, mixed spice, and Mexican Taco spice mix.

I kept adding water until it was the right consistency, not too wet and not too dry, and simmered it for 15 minutes. Before I put it in the pots I tasted it, yum, very nice. A slight curry flavour. These are now in the freezer, and will be used to add flavour and bulk out stews, or microwaved and eaten as soup with bread. A lot of food for 22p, plus two onions.

I made a green lunch today. Chopped mangetout peas, bean salad, lettuce, and rocket. Zap it with the stick blender, add some water, and eat it straight from the jug with a long handled spoon. It was quite refreshing. I need to think of more ways to eat my greens, especially with all those sprouts and peas I have to get through, ha ha.
It's my sisters birthday tomorrow and I'm off down to the Midlands to see her. This is the card I have made her. The colours have not come out very well with the flash, I couldn't be bothered to put the scanner and the big computer on upstairs. The card is a pale lilac colour and the stitching is in pink and purple. Guess where I got the Happy 60th and the Sister bits from. Yes, I cut them from the card she gave me four and a half years ago. Good bit of recycling eh!
Right, let's see who has won the crafty giveaway. There are 83 names, I hate drawing just one out, so there will be a runner up.

And the winner is Sue G.
The runner up is Granny G.

That's a coincidence, are you related, ha ha. So sorry you can't all win. Please send me your postal address, email or in a comment which I won't publish. Well done both. Not sure what you will be getting, a surprise. I'll go and sort it now. I won't be around tomorrow, Catch you Monday. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment