Saturday, July 26, 2014

A very nice village

It was such a lovely day today, I went a walk. I found a lovely little village. As I was passing the church a wedding had just taken place and the bride and groom were having their photo taken. The church bells were ringing to mark the happy occasion. 
Next to the church is a pretty little cottage, almost being swamped by the masses of lavender in the tiny front garden.

Round the back of the church are more cottages, each one has it's own parking space. I think these buildings used to be barns, a long time ago.

The old vicarage looks splendid, a beautiful period house.

In the High Street is a quaint B & B, someone is looking after the gardens at the front of the house.

Further up the High Street, another cottage.This one is at right angles to the road, and so has it's own drive in parking space.
This looks like a row of cottages, but is in fact one big house.

A detached cottage stands on it's own on a corner plot.

This is the road into the village. It's tree lined with wide grass verges and lots of big detached houses.

Long sweeping driveway to this house. One gate for going in, and one for coming out.
I really like this one, it's called The White House, had to be didn't it.

The churchyard looks neat and tidy.

This is the front gate of the church, leading out onto the road.
There are steps up to the front door of the pub.

The fragrance as you walk under this tree is divine. I could stand here for hours.
It's a shame the tiny flowers won't last forever.

Then I walked along a footpath behind the church.
It opens out to give wonderful views across the fields.
I didn't have to walk very far today to find this lovely village. It is my village, it's where I live. It's a place where I can walk about and chat, people are very friendly. The little black cat in the wedding picture is called Nicknack, it always comes to greet me when it sees me. The leaves growing on the detached cottage turn red in the autumn, a spectacular sight. The tree with the heavenly scent is at the end of my road, I can smell it in my garden. I know the lady who owns the B & B, and the lady who lives in the cottage next to the church. Round the back of the house that looks like a row of cottages is a public footpath. The people who live there have planted lots of raspberry bushes, and people can help themselves. I often pick a few to eat.

It's a smashing place to live, I am very lucky. Have you had a nice Saturday. Hope your Sunday is brilliant.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment