Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stocking up at the Scrapstore

Hello. Just got ten minutes to whack this out pretty sharpish. I took three of our crafty ladies over the bridge this morning to Hull Scrapstore. We had a rummage through the mountains of fabric, and picked out a few things from the other crafting materials available. The building is an old school and it has been turned into an Aladdins Cave. We were like kids in a sweet shop. Ooooh, look at this, or, this would make a good wotsit. Here we are laden up with our goodies.   
For those who don't know what a Scrapstore is, it's a charity that collects unwanted materials from factories, office and shops. Things that are destined for landfill, can be rescued and put to good use somewhere else. I took a few snaps to give you an idea of what it's about. It's a shame that the Scunthorpe store closed, though there is talk about opening another one. I hope they do manage to get funding for it.





If you want to check if there is a Scrapstore near you, take a look at this site.

I'm going to have to cut this short, I am going out again. My sis is on a caravan site not far from here and I have been invited for tea. Please excuse me while I dash off. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment