Monday, July 21, 2014

That's all you need, really ;o)

Phew it's hot today, almost too hot to be outside. I sometimes put a chair out in the garden, and sit down for all of ten minutes, then I can't be still for any longer and have to get up and do something. I went to the crafty club this morning, not quite as many there, probably on holiday. The club is a year old now, it doesn't seem that long since we started. 
What have we here, tis the salad season and my plate is piled high. Yesterday I had spinach, salad leaves, grated carrot, cucumber, grated cheese, mushrooms, and walnut pieces. It takes me nearly an hour to eat this, as I munch my way slowly through it. I usually read something while I am eating, either a magazine or on the computer. Yesterday I was watching yoootooob vids, old Coronation Street, and 'how to', crafting ideas.  
There was a big bag of mushrooms in my shopping, 4p on a yellow sticker. My friend mentioned mushroom soup and I thought I'll give it a go. Never made mushroom soup before, don't know what goes in it apart from mushrooms. So, I chopped some and boiled them in water. What next. I added a veg stock cube, a shake of black pepper, and a shake of garlic powder. It looked a muddy brown colour. Then I thought, add a whole lot of spinach leaves, they filled the pan but soon shrunk in size. I transferred it to a mixing bowl and zapped it with the stick blender and tasted it, bloomin lovely, so I put half in a small bowl and drizzled the last drop of cream over it. Scrumptious. I had planned on saving the second portion to eat today, but I'm afraid it got to 8.30pm last night and I thought stuff it, I'm going to eat it now, ha ha. Give it a try, mushroom and spinach soup. You could get away with half a stock cube though, it doesn't need a whole one.
    
I don't know about you but I am a bit lazy where hair washing is concerned. I want it washed and towel dried quickly, no faffing about with rinse, apply conditioner, and rinse again. I had a bit of a sort out in my bathroom cabinet, and found the tea tree conditioner that I bought yonks ago, it's at least 15 years old. The VO5 conditioner I found in the house clearance skip, a few moths ago. Shame to leave it there to get chucked away. Anyway, what I am doing now is using it as shampoo. I am determined to get rid of it. It works very well, and it's better than it cluttering the cupboard up. If you have accumulated a stash of conditioner which you may ever use, why not give it a try. If you don't want to use it every time you wash your hair until it's gone, try using it every other wash.

I walked around the corner to a friends house yesterday to collect a key, they have asked me to water their plants while they are away this week. Mrs friend cut me a cucumber from their greenhouse, very nice of her I thought. Then Mr friend came to the door and said have we paid you. I said, don't be daft, I don't want anything, just glad to help out. Then he appeared with a bottle of wine and handed it to me. I said, thank you that's very kind. As I walked away I  looked at the wine in one hand and the cucumber in the other, and chuckled. Ha ha.

Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment