Thursday, June 11, 2015

All I need now is a beach

Hello and Good Evening. It's been hot hot hot today, I had to keep coming indoors to cool off. The floor is down in the summer house at last. I was a few slabs short but have managed to bodge it together with some wood. The first time I tried laying it I started from the back and worked forward, that didn't work, so I got everything out and started again by putting the best slabs nearest the entrance and working towards the back. The ground is not level so I used wood underneath some of the slabs to raise them a bit. Sorry this pic isn't very good, a bit confusing with all the shadows. 
Some pieces of wood to fill in the gap.

I made a step for the entrance with two thick slabs of wood.

I wanted some green paint for the patio doors but don't have any, so I mixed some blue and yellow. I must have got the ratio wrong because it came out light blue. Not to worry, slap it on anyway. There is no colour scheme with this project, it's whatever I have to hand. So in the corner there is a blue patio door. 
And in the other corner is another blue patio door. These are the only two doors the same colour, all the others are different. There isn't a good spot to take photo's inside, too close to get it all in.

I had made too much of the blue so I used it up in other places. A bit up there, and some round the side, and the rest on the back wall of the garage. It looks like a real beach chalet now. It's almost finished, but I have some more ideas, so it will be an ongoing project. I'll keep you posted as things evolve.

I emailed the Council about the possibility of setting up a facility where rubbish could be sorted and reusable items could be given a second life. They said they don't have the room, and sent me a copy of their recycling leaflet which gives ideas of where people could donate their unwanted items. Basically they passed the buck.

Thanks for dropping in. Catch up with you soon. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment