Saturday, June 13, 2015

Not in the mood for shopping


Hello. Did you notice I had the day off yesterday. After doing a few long posts recently, I thought I deserved a break, also to let you catch up on the reading. I know I get a bit behind on reading other people's blogs, sometimes it's a job to fit everything in. So to give me a rest and you a rest, I miss a post and we can all chill out. 
I had a quick trip to town this morning. Bumped into an old trucking pal, a driver I used to work with at B & Q. Good to have a catch up, he is still working and doesn't look any different than he did seven years ago. 
I popped into the Arts Centre, Mr Gormley's exhibition is still there, it's on till the end of the month. After that's gone there will be some disruption while they have a refit of the facilities. It will still be open but on a reduced scale. 
I stocked up on my seeds at Holland and Barrett, seeds for me that is, not to sow. I don't usually shop there because I find it expensive, but they had a buy one get one half price offer on, so I got two packets. 
I wasn't in the mood for shopping so I flitted in and out of the shops, just picking up a few things I needed. Paid my credit card bill at the bank, got Bugsy's chicken slices at Poundland, and spent £5 at Aldi. Couldn't be bothered with anything else. 
It was chucking it down all morning, so didn't get to take Rocky out till this afternoon. We went a walk round the village and I took his buggy to rest his legs when he started to slow down. He likes a bimble though the churchyard, all his favourite smells are there.
I made another bag today. Random pieces of coloured cotton fabric stitched onto a plain green bag. Easy to do, not much thought needed, I can churn these out quite quickly.  
I'll get off now. Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment