Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Yours for £1,000

Hello. I have had some fantastic reviews about my latest abstract painting, it has taken the art world by storm. I would never have envisaged such a high accolade for my humble offerings. This has surely spurred me on to explore my previously hidden inner talents and produce more stunning pieces. This is what the Curator of the Rolf Maximillion Gallery in Budapest has said about my work.
The previously little known artist Ilona Kontowski, has come a long way since her first tentative steps into the world of abstract art. This unique and endearing composition has all the qualities one would expect from Dali or Picasso. It captures the very essence of  life. Note the exquisite combination of order and disorder. The straight and orderly lines are challenged and intercepted by the chaotic splashes of colour and mayhem. The artist has to be complimented on her photographic skills, look at the effects of direct sunlight on the first picture. The garden was the best setting to highlight how the vibrant colours have interacted with each other. And what a clever move to include an excerpt from that well loved book by Hans Habe. The story of Ilona, brings a new dimension to the painting, and adds substance and depth to the already significant offering. There is no doubt in my mind that this painting will not look out of place amongst the many great artists of the world, and should it ever become available in the not too distant future, we would be honoured to show it in our Gallery. Best regards, Ivan Rattowitz, Budapest.    






Wow, I am chuffed. Looks kinda nice on my mantlepiece in the front room. I don't really want to let it go, but if anyone can come up with the dosh, £1,000 is all I'm asking, they can have it.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment