Monday, June 15, 2015

Crafting with friends

Hello. It was back to the Crafty Club this morning. I've missed two weeks due to walking trips, so it was nice to meet up with the ladies again and find out what everyone is making. It was almost a full house, twelve people round the table with one missing, and for once I was on time. I took some of my recent makes to show, and Janet brought some of hers along. You have seen mine, so here are a few pics of Janet's. She has completed a cross stitch wall hanging, of three quirky cat pictures, on a black background. I love these. 


She has made a sleeve at the back to insert a wooden rod for hanging purposes. Once again her stitching is perfect. 
A piece of patchwork has been hanging around for ages, and now she has finally finished it and made an over the knees quilt. The hexi flowers are separated by shades of green to make a flower garden. It is so pretty. Two ladies are holding it up for me so I can get the whole thing on the photo.


It's a smashing group, people swap ideas, help each other to learn new techniques, and pass on surplus crafting materials. We are working together to make a Christmas tree for the festival of Christmas Trees, held annually at a church in town. Janet has a large piece of green felt rescued from a snooker table which is perfect for the job. We will all be making the decorations for it. No rush, we've got until December to do it.

I know Kath has a Crafty Group in her home town, does anyone else go to one? If you don't have a group  perhaps you could start one. All it needs is the use of a room, in a Village Hall, or other community building, put a few posters about, ask friends to ask their friends, and bingo. It only needs three or four people to start, once word gets around more people will join. There needs to be a small charge to cover the room hire, tea and coffee. Best to check whether insurance is included in that fee. Weekly meetings of two hours is not such a big commitment. It would be a lot cheaper than joining the W.I.

I am in and out a lot at the moment, so some of the posts may be a bit short. I have a friends cats to look after which needs two visits a day. They also get a third visit from another friend, we sit with them for a while, so I am getting to see some tele while I am there. Today was library day, the books needed changing.  Rocky is loving all the attention he is getting when I push him around the village, so it is becoming part of our daily routine. I'll sign off now, because it's time we were having a bimble. Thanks for popping in.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment