Sunday, August 16, 2015

Don't judge a book by it's cover

Hello. It's been a day of watching Heidi, she has been very quiet. Janet came round and we managed to get some water into her mouth with a syringe as she wasn't drinking or eating. This must have triggered something off because she ate a small amount of tuna fish, and now she is having a nibble of dried food. Lets hope this continues till we get the results of the blood tests. 
Ordinary brown vinegar did the trick, diluted and soaked for a day. I have a new pan. This was really black, now I can carry on steaming my vegetables, I must remember to put enough water in the bottom, ha ha. 
The notebook cover is finished. This was a bit of an experiment, I didn't put much thought into the design or much time into it, I just stitched willynilly. I started with a piece of grey felt, then cut strips of fabric and machined them to it, starting at one end. Each piece was sewn right sides facing and folded over, and the next piece added and so on, till the felt was covered. This is the front, although it can be put on the other way round.

This is inside the front cover, some machine stitching as well as hand stitching.

Inside the back cover.

It's an A6 size notebook, the cover can be taken off and used again on another book. I have put a strip of dark blue ribbon top and bottom on the inside, to hide the hem
The back cover, or it could be the front cover.

This was just a practice piece to try. It's ok, but not wonderful. I think it would be better to use a lighter fabric, felt is too heavy, and too thick and bulky. A lightweight fabric would make it a better fit.

My dinner tonight cost me 33p, that's for a bag of broccoli and cauliflower. In the bottom of the pyrex bowl I put a frozen portion of home made thick soup, cost negligible as it was made from yellow stickered peas, sweetcorn and carrots, 2p at a guess. Zapped that in the microwave and put the steamed veg on top of it. Simple and cheap.
Thanks very much for popping in. Catch you soon. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment