Saturday, August 1, 2015

Worth a look when passing

Hello. A nice time was had with Sis yesterday, we chatted and scoffed nice food outside in the sunshine. They have all mod cons in their posh caravan, so when it got a bit chilly later on we went inside and watched the tele. 
As I was driving home I wondered if I might be too late for any yellow stickers at Tesco. It was 8.30pm when I came off the motorway, sometimes there isn't anything left at that time. Worth a look, and I needed some soya milk and yogurt anyway. Well that was a nice surprise, there was stacks of food in the fruit and veg department and chiller cabinet. I only took a hand basket in, so I filled it. Seventeen items with a value of £22.70, and I got them for £2.30. Also full price Value yogurt for 45p and milk at 65p. Chuffed with that, definitely worth a look. 
It was breakfast with a difference this morning, I put a bag of prepared fruit, 20p, in a jug and zapped it with the stick blender. There was strawberries, apples, oranges, cucumber, and two leaves of mint.

Very nice it was too.

Dinner tonight was wild rocket salad leaves, mixed bean salad, and pasta salad. A quick and cheap meal.

I have made curry with the veg, and it's portioned in margarine tubs in the freezer. Now I have loads of salad to plough through in the next few days. No cooking till it's gone  :o)

I needed to go to town today to visit the hole in the wall in the bank, and pay my Council Tax at the Post Office. I picked up a jar of coffee at B & M, and some cooked chicken for the cats. I popped in Aldi for a few things to top up my cheap Tesco shop. Two more cartons of soya milk, cheaper at Aldi, 59p. Packets of Brazil nuts, walnuts, and cranberries. Free range eggs, a pint of ordinary milk, and a multigrain loaf, oh and some dog and cat food in foil trays. £9.95 spent.

Some good news, I've booked myself a holiday. I want to do more walking, so I've chosen three Youth Hostels conveniently placed on the North Norfolk coast. I shall drive to Hunstanton, stay overnight, leave my car there and walk the 17 miles to Wells Next the Sea. Overnight there, next day walk 17 miles to Sheringham, overnight there. Next day, set off and do it in reverse choosing a different route. Should give me 70 - 80 miles walking, That will suit me fine and no having to look for beds. Cost for a bed in a female dorm for the five nights is £95. I've booked a breakfast at Sherringham for £4.25, Wells hostel is self catering, and Hunstanton is an Independant Hostel. I will see if they do breakfast when I get there, or get my own. Not going just yet, but I thought I had better book in advance to make sure I have the nights that I need. I haven't been to that part of the country before, except drive through in a lorry, so it will be a bit exciting. Yipppeeeee.

Thanks for popping in. Catch you tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday.
Toodle pip


No comments:

Post a Comment