Monday, August 10, 2015

The yellow sticker queen strikes again

Hello. I did it again yesterday. A dash to Tesco brought me £22.91 worth of food for £2.34. I made it up to the £30 with other items I needed so I could spend the £4 off voucher. It was a bit close, the voucher ran out when the shop closed at 4pm, I just managed to go through the checkout with five minutes to spare, ha ha. 
My fridge is full with mushrooms, melon chunks, lettuce, cucumber, mixed veg, spinach, avocado pears, courgettes, celeriac, and rocket. 
This was last nights meal, salad with a slice of quiche. 
Breakfast this morning was avocado, melon, and nectarine from Aldi which are going a bit wrinkled after only two days, topped with plain yogurt.

These need cooking now, so I have made soup with them. One portion to eat now and two for the freezer. Sweetcorn, peas, and carrots. 
There is a herb raised bed in front of the doctors surgery, it is there for anyone to help themselves. I haven't taken any before so I thought I would give it a try and pick some for the soup. I don't know much about herbs, so I took a few of each. 

 I also added some turmeric, and a teaspoon of veg gravy granules. Simmered in a pan for ten minutes and zapped with the stick blender. I tasted it, and it was ok, but lacking in something, so I added some grated cheese and stirred in some yogurt. That's better, very tasty.

I was a bit peeved when I was in Tesco, couldn't find any Value bran flakes or Value lemon curd. I went to the customer service desk to ask why there wasn't any. The girl got it up on the computer and said they weren't listed. But why, I have been buying these for a long time. The boy said maybe they are rebranding and they will come back later with a different label. I have been reading on the MSE forum that they are discontinuing some of their Value range. Ah well, I will have to get the bran flakes from Aldi, same size, same quality, same price. Not sure about the lemon curd though, I haven't seen it as cheap as 22p anywhere else, might have to give that one up. Maybe I shouldn't complain as I did get a lot of reductions in the salad and veg department, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

I had some visitors this afternoon, a few of the crafty ladies came to see my summerhouse. They all like it. A pleasant hour was spent sitting around and having a natter.

I will sign off now, the pooch is due for his last walk before bed time. See you soon. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment