Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Bespoke Summerhouse is ready

Hello. Here we are, the post you have been waiting for, at last the bespoke summer house is finished. I have personalized it with my decorative bits and bobs for the photo's, these will be taken out and stored safely in the house tonight. It is not lockable, and I expect through the winter months some dampness will be find it's way in. At the moment the roof is not letting rain in, and because of the wide overhang the rain seems to be missing the sides as well. Please take a look around, and join me on a guided tour at the end. 













I am extremely pleased with it, chuffed to little mintballs in fact. To make something myself gives me a lot more pleasure than going to a shop and buying it. I get the same buzz from everything I make, not just this. I have the fun of sourcing the materials, picturing it in my mind, thinking of ideas, working out how all the bits fit together, making adjustments if needed, watching it grow, and when it is finished, stepping back and saying, 'I made that'. Put me on a desert island and I will build my own house.

Thanks for popping in. See ya soon. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment