Friday, March 15, 2013

Good buys for me and the cats.

Evening all. Looks like I'm setting up shop here at Tightwad Towers, ha ha. A nice pile of tinned fruit was purchased today. We have three Poundstretecher stores here, they didn't have any more of this the other day when I got three tins, so today I went to the town centre store and found they have a stack of it, so I bought another twelve tins. That's my fruit juice sorted for a while then. £2.28 for this little lot. I grab it while I can, to save some money.  
If I was to buy 12 cartons of  Tesco Value orange juice at 65p per carton, it would cost £7.80, so a tidy sum saved there, all for the inconvenience of opening a tin and zapping the fruit with a blender. It tastes fabulous as well, with bits of real fruit in it. 
I have discovered that my cats like this Feline Fayre food. It's not always a good idea to try cats with new food, but if you do, it's best not to bulk buy it untill you can be sure they like it. B & M have been selling this for 25p a sachet, but today I found some for 19p at Home Bargains, which is a good price, so I bought a few of them.  
This Whiskas is what I saw the other day when I didn't have the means of carrying it, so today I took my car and stocked up. Mind you, I didn't get these from Pets at Home, I actually found them cheaper in The Range. Just goes to show, you've got to know your prices. These were £10 for 48, which works out far cheaper than buying a single box of twelve. Heidi likes this one so that's her sorted for a while.
I wrote about this cat litter a long time ago, as I was dead chuffed that I had found it because it was cheaper than the supernarkets own brand. First of all this was £1.29 in Home Bargains. Then I found it in Poundland, now Poundstretcher have it in for 99p. Again, it's all about knowing your prices.
Now this is worth a try. I found some big jars of peanut butter at two for £1 in B & M. As you can see my normal Value peanut butter is 62p for a smaller jar. So, I don't know what this is like yet as I haven't tasted it, but I will often try a different brand if it appears to be better value than what I usually buy. I am always flexible to new ideas. No harm in trying if it could save you a few pennies.
I remembered that it's time to get the seed potatoes chitting in readiness for the forthcoming growing season. I chose three varieties for my three beds. There are eight in a packet for 99p each. Hopefully the crops won't be as poor as they were last year, and I should get enough spuds for the Summer and Autumn.
My lunch today was wholemeal pasta, and scrambled egg with spinach. Twas very filling.
More new boot wearing today, they are starting to feel quite comfy now, so hopefully they will be fine on the long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment