Thursday, August 22, 2013

Don't buy new, try making it first

I use this small pouch around my waist to keep my camera close at hand when I am out and about. It isn't really big enough, but with a bit of pushing and shoving the camera only just fits inside. Sadly I have pulled it about a bit too much and it is now not fit for purpose. No point in repairing it, stitching it together would make it too small.   
I need another pouch, but as always, I try and make one first before I resort to buying a new one. First I removed the strap and fastener.
Then made a new pouch from a piece of thick fabric. I put a gusset in the bottom, it's all hand sewn.
I found a zip, previously removed from a garment I cut up. And there you have it. A new pouch in which the camera easily fits into.
Here is an update on the sunflowers. They are towering above the garage, at 9 feet tall. They are the size of small trees. A few more flowers have appeared.
I had to climb a ladder to get some pictures.

The flower heads don't seem as big as some I have seen, but mine have more leaves than others. There are still more flowers to come.
It's been a nice day today, very warm in the sun. Time for a haircut, so I placed the two mirrors facing each other and chopped away at it. A bit of guess work round the back, but it looks alright. Saved about a tenner at the hairdressers.
Me and Janet are off to the Epworth Show on Bank Holiday Monday, we have a stall in the craft tent, selling odds and sods, making some money for the rescue cats. We have been given a big walk in dog kennel which has been converted to a cat pen. We have six cats in residence at the moment. Rehoming is a bit slow as people are busy with their holidays, but hopefully it will pick up next month. Sadly we get far more requests to take cats in, than we can cope with. All the rescues are the same, full up. I just wish people would take responsibility and get their cats neutered. Someone gave me some glasses to sell today, they have been in the loft for 30 years. It was very interesting to read the newspapers they were wrapped up in. The newspapers are probably worth more than the glasses, ha ha.
Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment