Monday, August 5, 2013

Don't get shirty with me.

And here is supermodel Liona, modelling the very latest in Next Fashionwear. This powder blue striped shirt is made from luxury yarns, and is available in all Next stores. But if you don't have access to a store, just look in a car boot sale, where you can probably pick one up for next to nothing. This possibly almost new shirt was discovered amongst a load of tat and was snapped up for the amazing price of 20something pence.
I don't know if I have the heart to cut it up, seems such a waste of a good shirt. I have finished the red border on the patchwork, now I am cutting more patches in random colours for the next border. Do I give this shirt the chop or not. I don't think people wear shirts anymore, they are so old fashioned, and such a pain to wash and iron. Maybe it's time to sacrifice this one.   
So today has been taken up with sewing. First the craft and chat club this morning, then more when I got home. Then cutting more patches. The sunflower plants have taken a bit of a battering in the wind, but they are all still standing. I have lashed them down with a length of rope. I think they have stopped growing, I should think so at nearly eight feet tall. There are now three flowers in bloom.
Both lunch and dinner had courgettes in them today. I fancied pasta tonight. I have some packets of wholemeal pasta bought from the Cash and Carry, at three for £1. I put a small chopped onion in a pan with some broad beans and chunky chopped yellow courgette. Cooked them in a little oil, threw in a teaspoon of veg gravy granules, some dried mixed herbs, and the last drop of tomato ketchup. I don't usually buy ketchup, it was an experiment to see if it could be used instead of tomato puree. At 30p for the Value range it is a lot cheaper than the real thing. I have to say it was fine for me, I will buy some more, though I think it might contain too much sugar. Anyway, I simmered it gently adding a little water, and then added the secret ingredient, a chunk of  Danish Blue cheese. Then just before serving, a dessertspoon of plain yogurt. I must say, it was bloomin lovely. I scoffed the lot. A filling and tasty dinner for at a guess 30p. Bring it on, I'll have more of that.    
I'm going to be on Radio Humberside in the morning. They've asked me to meet the radio car at the Civic Centre in town at 10am, where I will be talking to Burnsy. Not sure what it's about as the researcher wasn't very clear on the phone. Probably about money saving or some such nonsense. As if I know anything about that, I ask you! Think I'll be live at about 10.20.am. I'll put a link to the catch up in tomorrow's post. Better go and do some research on the subject.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment