Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A crafty treat

Hiya. Cold and damp outside, so better off indoors today. Yesterday was the Crafty Club as usual, and this time I did take my camera, just in case there was anything of interest to photograph. Luckily Carol brought our Christmas Tree again, because some people haven't seen it. So here is a picture. All made with the snooker table green baize, hasn't she done a great job. It will be floor standing and she has a cardboard tube to slip over the metal stand, which will be covered in fabric. Everything hanging on it will be hand made, someone has made the sparkly garlands draped over it here. 

Now here is a treat, Crafty Janet brought in this wall hanging she is working on, I think you will agree her stitchery is simply stunning. She took the elements from a magazine and adapted them to her own design. She has incorporated a good mix of fabrics from cottons to satin, and the black borders are felt. The colours are just perfect for this design. Janet is often self critical of her work, and I can never understand why, I can never fault it. 


This picture shows the tacking stitches holding the layers together. 

The effort she puts into the detail is commendable. Janet, your work is amazing.

If this has whetted your appetite for textile art, take a look at the latest post by Brenda in the Borough, on her blog. She has made two small quilts A4 size, using thread and coloured pencils. Her designs are fabulous.  
Here is my simple crafty offering for today, I found this heart design in a book, and using the template I made my own version with colours of my choice. Not my favourite heart shape, I prefer something more chubby and rounded. The stitching in the book was back stitch, I like chain stitch better. The back is plain, I wonder if it would be better with some couching to outline the shape around the edge, maybe I will do that.  


I hope the crafty posts inspire someone to get their needlework box out of the cupboard and make a few decorative pieces for Christmas.

It's stopped raining so it's time to take the pooch for walkies. Thanks for popping in.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment