Sunday, October 18, 2015

Add a few beads

Hello. The weather has been a bit dull today, overcast but dry. I have ventured out into the garden, done some hedge trimming and filled the garden waste bin ready for collection tomorrow. I've got housework that needs to be done, but as usual can't find any enthusiasm for it. I just do enough to keep on top of it. I'd rather be sewing.
Here are my makes. Remember the car boot earrings I bought last week, 25p a pair. I have turned one into a tree decoration. Put it on a turquoise backing and added red beads and red and silver sequins. I got the backing from the Scrapstore, it's like a woven stiff fabric, a bit like what they make window blinds from. I got lots of small sample pieces in different colours. 
I used iron on bondaweb to stick the back and front together after I put the embellishments on. 

Next, I fancied making a fairy, or is it an angel, they both have wings. The white felt I used is virtually covered by beads and trimmings. The wings are covered with sparkly florists ribbon. 
I stitched the two pieces together with white thread, and added a little stuffing.

It would look nice hanging on a tree. 
I bought a huge curtain from the Scrapstore for £1, it's been washed, and dried outside, now it's ready for cutting up into bag size pieces. A job for tonight when I come back from a Rocky walk. He is crashed out beside me, having stuffed his face with a tasty dinner. I'll give him ten minutes or so to sleep it off, ha ha.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment