Thursday, May 15, 2014

Let me show you round my garden.

How would you like a tour of my garden, just the flowers. Don't ask me the names, I haven't a clue. These are big red ones, like puff balls. 
These pink ones are tall and floppy and need to be supported with a cane.

They are close to the back door.

And a purple variety as well.

Little white flowers in an evergreen hedge. I planted lots of evergreens when I moved in, don't like things dying off and leaving big gaps.
The crimson lilac smells lovely, yes, I know the name of that one, it's a lilac bush, more like a tree actually, quite tall. Pity it's at the bottom of the garden behind the greenhouse.

Little yellow flowers are sprouting up everywhere. Places where they shouldn't be. They don't last long, I pull the plants up when they have finished flowering.

This is in a pot, it would do better in the ground. Might move it if I can find a space.

Different shades of green, some with yellow leaves. 
This bush has big spotted leaves. The new growth is more yellow than the green leaves underneath. I trim this so it doesn't grow too big.

Tiny white flowers on another evergreen bush.

Ooops, a rogue dandelion amongst the blue flowers.

These little pink flowers are close to the edge of the lawn, and often get mowed. No wonder their numbers are declining. 
I have a really big lilac tree in the back garden. Lovely while the flowers are out, but not so attractive when they start going brown.

These little purplies are everywhere, I think they are a weed as the plant is like a creeping ivy, it swallows up everything around it. I have to be brutal and pull a lot of it up or it spreads everywhere.

My lawn is full of daisies. I don't mind, they look pretty, till I chop them off. They soon come back.

As you can see all in the garden is rosy. There was hardly anything in it when I moved in. I planted a few bushes and scattered a few seeds, now every year the flowers come back, and the evergreens have filled out the borders. Just how I like it, trim the bushes, mow the lawns, pull a few weeds out.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment