Friday, May 24, 2013

All you need is cats

I think we have a few cat lovers amongst us, so here is a little treat for anyone who has a soft spot for our feline friends. As you know I have three cats, Bugsy, Mayze, and Heidi. Yesterday I had in my garden, five cats, sometimes there are six, if Micky decides to pay us a visit. I tried to get them all in one photo, but you know what cats are like, they take no notice when you ask them to pose for the camera. So, in the pic below we have four cats enjoying the sunshine. Can you spot them?
Heidi viewing the scene from afar, on a pallet covering the potato beds. I'm going to have to remove the coverings soon, as the potato shoots are starting to poke through the compost.
Bugsy's favourite place, dozing on the decking made out of reclaimed timber and pallets, next to the garage. Bugsy is 17 years old, I have had him since he was a ten month old kitten.
This is Garcia, he lives three doors down, and has been coming for years, he is about 13 years old. He wanders in and out as if he owns the place, ha ha.
This is the new kid on the block, I can't remember his name, he pops in occasionally. He lives across the road close to a busy junction. It's a wonder he hasn't been knocked over by now, but he seems very streetwise. He knows my voice now, when I stop and say hello.
Mayze is not being very sociable, preferring to keep her distance and hide under the bench outside the back door.
I took the following photo's today. The weather has been awful, quite cold, just like winter, so we have been indoors a lot. Bugsy likes the arm chair in the living room. Isn't he a sweetheart. I love the way he looks at me with one eye open. 
Then he closes it and says 'go away, leave me alone'.
Another little peep at me.
And off he goes to sleep. He's got a really loud purr.
Heidi has discovered the box of knitting wool on the sideboard. Perfect for snuggling into.
No, I'm not moving, you can't have your wool, I'm using it for a bed.
Mayze is in the spare room, on a cushion, on top of a box. Cat's always like to be high up.
Ooooh, I must have a stretch, that's better.
She is so beautiful, well I would say that, wouldn't I, ha ha.
Please excuse my little pusscat indulgence today. By the way, I forgot to mention, Sue rehomed a rescue cat last week. The right people came along, village location, have had cats before. Perfect.

Have a nice Bank Holiday weekend everyone. I won't be going anywhere, I'd rather stay at home when everyone else is off work. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment