Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sunny Saturday in the village

The weather today has been glorious, the complete opposite to yesterday when it was blowing a gale, raining and cold. Today it's been teeshirts and shorts. It was a pleasure to walk round my village, a typical sunny Saturday morning is people bimbling up and down the High Street, collecting their weekend newspapers, and popping in the Post Office or the Cafe. Everyone was in a happy mood, everyone said Good Morning, and stopped for a chat if they weren't in a hurry. It's amazing how the sun lifts the spirits. I only hope we get good weather next weekend when we have our Village Fete.
It was nice to see a lot of people in their finery, gathered outside the church. A wedding has taken place, and everyone was being organised by the photographer so he could do his stuff.
Are you all ready now, everyone say cheese.
These three little doggies made me laugh, sorry the pic's not up to scratch, they live opposite the church, and were in their garden when the bells started ringing. It was so funny to hear them singing along.
Standing to one side of the wedding party were these two lovely people, their bus drivers badges caught my eye, as I have one of these. I asked if they are still used, and was told they had been discontinued in 1991. They wear theirs when they are out in the vintage bus. It was lovely to have a natter and swap stories about the good old days of bus driving, Barbara passed her PSV test five years before I did mine. They work for a company in Halifax who hires out this bus for weddings.  
Isn't it beautiful, I love it. .

It wasn't long before the guests started climbing aboard. The bus was their transport to the reception, which was taking place at Carlton Towers, about 20 miles away. I would love to have had a ride with them, in fact, I would have loved to drive it. It is very similar to what I used to drive for Stevensons of Uttoxeter, Stevensons Rockets we called them, ha ha. My goodness, they were right bone shakers.
This is my badge, of which I am very proud. There are a lot for sale on ebay, collectors items, but I wouldn't part with mine. The letters DD, means it was issued in the West Midlands area.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment