Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life goes on.

Oh boy, it's been so hot today, I've been out in the garden a lot, but had to keep coming back indoors to cool down. There's loads of jobs to do, everything is growing, and needs trimming or cutting back, to keep it under control. The lawn has grown while I was away, so I got the mower out, I suppose that will be a weekly chore from now on. Hedges have been trimmed, and ivy around the bottom of the hedges has been pulled up and binned. This little fella spotted an opportunity to come and grab some bugs for lunch.  
My seeds are not doing well at all in the pots, so I have sown some more. The only thing that is growing is the broad beans, they have been planted out in the raised bed. I have sown some more in pots, so at least I should have plenty of them later on. I have scattered the turnip, carrots, and beetroot seeds directly on the beds, so we'll see what comes up. No sign of the potatoes appearing yet. I had half a bag of Value spuds from Tesco left over before I went away, and now they are sprouting, so I have planted them. You never know, they might produce some more for me to eat. Worth a try.

I spent the morning cleaning up more of the blue and white tiles. I have got 36 now. There are three more but the cement is stuck hard on the backs, a bit more soaking might make it easier to remove. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet.
The cats have been in and out all day, they follow me around the garden, and keep coming to check that I am still here when I'm indoors. It's been too hot for them, they have their hidey places under the bushes. I'm trying to get back into the routine of normal life now. Having my breakfast made for me, and not cooking an evening meal is very appealing to me. Now I've got a pile of pots to wash, and I'm trying to find some enthusiasm for the kitchen, but it just isn't there. Oh well, maybe the pots will get washed tomorrow.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment