Thursday, May 9, 2013

In praise of vegetables

Oh how I missed my daily portions of veg last week. I tried very hard to eat healthily whilst thinking of the weight I had to carry around in my rucksack. It was virtually impossible to buy small portions of healthy food which was not going to cost an arm and a leg, and go off in the hours that I would be carrying it around. I bought some spicy bean pasties thinking the beans would be a good choice, but all they did was to  play havoc with my waste disposal. My stomach hasn't gurgled like that in a long time. 
I could certainly tell the difference between eating processed junk food, and what I normally eat at home. It wasn't appetising, wasn't appealing, wasn't tasty, and made me feel full of stodge. Just deciding what to buy made me feel queasy. Of all the thousands of different lines the supermarkets stock, I must buy less than 1% of it. Shops these days are stocking more and more junk food, and there are less choices of unadulterated healthy options All I can say is that it's a good job I was getting plenty of exercise to work off all the extra calories I consumed.
Anyway, back to normal now, home cooked steamed vegetables for dinner from now on. No more Delhi Belly, ha ha.   Carrots, brocolli, potato, cabbage, cauliflower, onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment