Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Who has won?

Woopsadaisy, a bit late tonight, I've been chattering to John on the Skype from Don't Unplug Your Hub, blame him, ha ha. I thought I would have a different kind of lunch today, something sweet for a change. I fried up some slices of Polenta in a little olive oil.
Put it on a plate with a chopped banana, a few peach slices, and drizzled with honey. Next microwave it for a minute.
Add some plain yogurt and chopped nuts. What was it like? Sort of quite nice-ish. I think the fruit and honey would have been alright by itself, the Polenta did nothing to make it any better. My conclusion is that Polenta is best served in a savoury dish, as an alternative to Quorn, as the texture is similar to that. I will buy it again but not as a regular food, just sometimes for something a bit different. I wouldn't rave over it, it's ok but not great, I wouldn't buy it in a packet and cook it myself, too much messing about in the kitchen. I would get the ready made stuff. 
I have three bags to send out to three lucky winners.
All finished, the colour is darker than is shown in the photo's, don't know why that is, I didn't use a flash.
And here is John to witness that the draw took place fair and square. He saw my every movement as I reached in for three names. No cheating, I didn't look.
Here they are, in a basket, ready to pick out the winners. Do you like my mouse mat behind it.

And the winners are .................Oh, I think I'll leave it till tomorrow, it's getting a bit late, and no one will be still up at this time waiting for the announcement, will they?


Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bugs bite. Toodle Pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment