Sunday, July 28, 2013

Busy stitching

Hello, how has your Sunday been? The garden got a good soak last night, apparently there was a big thunderstorm but I didn't notice it, when my head hits the pillow I'm a gonner. It's been mainly dry today, apart from a couple of short thunderstorms, then the road outside turned into a river. I've been getting on with the patchwork squares, there are four ready now.
Well I thought they were all ready. When I did the green one top left, which was the last one, I noticed that the plain green fabric wasn't very thick, so I put two layers on those squares. Then I noticed that the cream fabric also wasn't very thick and I can see through it to the seams at the back. So I cut a slightly smaller piece and put it into the back of the square on the left. You can see it gets rid of the problem, the one on the right hasn't had an extra piece and it looks a bit amateurish. So now I am going to have to do the same with all the plain squares. I shall have to watch out for that in future. The next plan is to put some plain squares around them using a different colour. I shall keep adding to it untill it is big enough. Still not sure what it is going to be.  
Can you see my one sun flower peeping out from behind a leaf. There are quite a few buds, just need them to open up now. I've measured it tonight, the middle plants are seven feet tall, from the decking to the top. I had to put extra canes to support them at the back, and I've tied a rope right across from the door on the front of the garage, to the wooden shelving at the other end. It's been a bit windy at times, but they seem to be holding out. I think now I should have planted them two to a box, well I'll know next time.
My dinner tonight. The usual, ha ha. Steamed broccoli, carrots, broad beans, spinach, courgette, radishes and swede. Topped with mushrooms. Fantastic, I never tire of this, could eat it till it comes out of my earholes.
My food for the reast of the day was as follows. Bran flakes and a banana for breakfast. A nectarine and some grapes with a small yogurt, for elevenses. Two toasted crumpets for lunch. A toasted teacake for mid afternoon, to keep me going till dinner at 6.30pm. Mug of coffee first thing this morning, and very weak dilute juice during the day. Not sure if I will need anything else, I am pretty full. Might have a slice of toast later. 
Tomorrow morning there is a crafting club starting at the village hall. I'm going to see what it is all about. I'll take a bit of sewing with me. 
Toodle pip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment