Friday, May 8, 2015

A bit more progress.

Hello. I was able to get on with some work in the garden today. The corner piece I built on the left hand side wasn't quite right so I had to remove it and change the tall corner post for a shorter one. Then I built up some height on that side so the cross bar sits on the top of the door, which is a better angle than on the post. I have two bars joining the two sides, and it is very stable and firm. 
A bit more work on the tops are needed, then the roof can be fitted, Still looking into what I can use for that. The floor needs sorting out, the slabs need fitting in properly. It started to rain about 5pm so I had to pack up and come in.

Dinner tonight was Quorn chunks cooked in a pan with some oil, with eight shredded sprouts. Garlic powder and turmeric, and a few other spices were chucked in. Then some water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add porridge to thicken. Served with steamed veg and two fresh tomatoes. It was delicious and there's enough for another meal tomorrow.

It's one week since I did the yellow sticker shop. I still have a swede, potatoes, grapes, sprouts, carrots, and one tomato left. All went out of date a week ago, still perfectly edible. No need to go shopping just yet, I have enough. Thanks for popping in, off to feed the cats now. No sunset tonight, it's raining.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment