Thursday, May 7, 2015

Improvise

Hello. Some people are good at crosswords, others enjoy a challenging game of Sudoku, and some like pub quizzes. I am no good at any of those things, my brain doesn't work like that, but I do like to put things together on a more practical level. I used to love my brothers meccano set, I played with it more than he did.
Today I was searching through my bit box for something to join two pieces of wood together, something metal with two screw holes in. I haven't got the exact right pieces and I don't want to buy anything, so I thought, improvise. I have a lot of these cupboard door catches left over from when I had a new kitchen. A bash with the hammer did a good job of breaking them apart, bingo, a small piece of metal, just right for the job. I left some of them flat.  
And some of them I bent into an 'L' shape with a pair of pliers, very useful for joining two pieces of wood at an angle like this. Just the job, it works.

 I made this corner section today, and fitted the last door inside it.

This is the front, the entrance to get in and out. The plan is to put a long length of timber along the top, bridging the gap. Only trouble is the two sides are not lined up very well. I need to have a think about it, there must be a solution, hmmmmm. 
It was a beautiful sunset tonight. I am feeding Janet's cats while she is away, and this is the view from her conservatory window. She is very lucky to be able to see this from the comfort of her arm chair.

I've cropped this one, it would make a good header. Stunning colours.


I'm a bit late with this so I'll say Goodnight. Thank you for popping in.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment