Saturday, May 16, 2015

More colours added

Hello. Bit late tonight, I decided to mow the lawns after dinner, been putting it off, it needed doing. Covered in paint again. Good job I have old clothes on. 
I tried the mixing of yellow and red to make orange, it's not quite the shade I would have liked, but I can live with it. Trouble is I didn't mix enough and ran out before I got to the bottom. It wasn't worth mixing a bit more, I wouldn't have got the exact shade, so I dipped my brush into the red tin and finished off with that. The door next to it I painted in a pale lilac colour. I mixed a couple of small tester pots of purple with some white.
Looks quite good I thought.

The next colours I mixed were some of the green with white, it's turned out really nice.


I made too much of this one, so I painted the top and side of the darker green door. 
 And I painted two plant pots.

And finished it off by painting this bit, but ran out before I got to the bottom. By this time I'd had enough.

There are two more doors to paint inside, they are patio doors and are mainly glass which I am going to leave clear. Can't decide whether to paint them or not.

Ooo errr, I don't think Heidi is supposed to be up there. 
My lunch today was a big plate of salad, with the addition of brazil nuts and almonds in the broccoli/carrots/radishes mix in the mini chopper. 
 Dinner was steamed veg, with a Tesco Value macaroni cheese, yellow stickered to 24p.

I couldn't think of anything special to do for my birthday, I was happy to work in the garden. I did have a treat, a Magnum ice cream. I'm easily pleased, ha ha. I have got two short breaks arranged for the end of the month, and the beginning of June, so that will be nice.

Have a great Sunday. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment