Monday, May 4, 2015

Another door appears

Hello. How ya diddlin? Translated that means, How are you? It's been a super warm day here. Not many at Crafty Club this morning, but we still had a good natter. 
This afternoon it was get out in the garden time. I needed another large pallet, but the only one I had wasn't big enough. Not to worry, I also had a part pallet with some slats missing. I measured the space I needed to fill, and cobbled together a pallet to fit. Now this is ready to attach another door. 
The door I had in mind to use next is an interior door, I was a bit reluctant to use it as it wouldn't stand up the the weather very well. I decided to do a bit more work on building up the height on the other doors, and thought I would go to the door company and pick up another door tomorrow. 
I got quite a surprise when I saw that my next door neighbour had removed his front door, he said he is getting a new one fitted. What a stroke of luck that was, he wanted to get rid of it, and I needed it. Perfect, just the job. 
So here it is in it's place. I have put the outside of it to the outside of the summer house. It's all painted up so I won't have to touch that side of it.

The inside will need painting. The strap is there to hold it in place while I screw it down.

This is the view from my neighbours garden. I will paint it, but I also have a plan to camouflage it. 
This is the side which is facing the back of the garage. I tied the corner together while I put the screws in.

I'll do a couple of hours on it in the morning, but I am off out in the afternoon. I'll take the camera and bring some piccies back. That's all for now. Time to wind down. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment