Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A cheap one pan meal

Hiya folks, what a wild weather day we had today. I couldn't do anything in the garden, it has been very windy the whole time, with intermittent heavy rain showers. A day sewing while watching catch up TV. I caught Sheriden Smith in 'The C Word', on BBC. It's a true story about a woman who wrote a blog and a book about her diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer. Sheriden is an amazing actress, she must surely pick up an award for this performance.
A couple of snippets of the picture, still more to do. I won't stop until I'm happy with it, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for the finished article.

It was a cheap experimental dinner tonight.. I have some packet noodles which I bought a while ago from the cash and carry, they were eight for £1. I started off by slicing up four small courgettes into a small pan. Then I blasted eight sprouts in the mini chopper which shredded them in seconds. I add them to the courgettes and cooked them for a few minutes in a chunk of olive spread, with some garlic powder. Then I added water and the noodles, and a teaspoon of veg gravy granules, and brought it to the boil then simmered for two minutes. Serve with shredded iceberg lettuce, tomato, and beetroot. It was lurrrrvely, filled me up a treat. You could use any chopped veg you like, it only takes a few minutes, cheap on the gas, and it's a one pan meal, so less washing up to do.

I've had some lovely comments coming through on the older posts, thank you so much for your kind words, I read them all. I am chuffed that people are finding something of interest. You are welcome to pick out the bits you need and if I can help in any way, please ask.
Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment