Thursday, May 14, 2015

The beach hut that isn't on the beach

Hello. No two days are the same here, weatherwise. Yesterday sunny, today cloudy, overcast, and cool with a breeze. That didn't stop me from working in the garden though. First off, a few photo's that I didn't post yesterday. I took Lady dog for a walk in the woods. I haven't been for ages, and it was nice to see it all fresh and green with the sunlight filtering through the trees. It's only a few minutes from where I live, I really must start walking here more often.  
There is a lot more wild garlic around, more than previous years.


Lady has to stay on the lead because she would run off and not come back if I let her loose. 
Tons more wild garlic. I am pleased to say there is not much litter about, previously I have had to clear out bags and bags of the stuff, mainly bottles and cans after a party. The kids seemed to have moved on to other hobbies, lets hope it stays like that.

The results of my labour today, we now have one yellow door and one dark pink door. Both these colours are the result of mixing paint. The yellow was too dark so I added white, the pink started as dark red which was too dark, so I put a little bit of it into a tin of white paint. I might try and make orange tomorrow, is that red and yellow, I think so.   
While I had yellow on my brush, I thought it was a good idea to jazz up the pots a bit. Dull brown pots are so boring. I think these look nice.

Dinner tonight was a microwaved home made soup, couldn't be bothered to to cook. I was a bit late finishing, due to gossiping over the garden fence with my neighbour at the back. They can't see the summer house due to my tall hedge, so I invited them round to have a look.

Thanks for popping in, I'll catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment