Sunday, January 31, 2016

Colourful artworks by Andi Dakin

Hello. Let's add a bit of colour on this drab miserable day. After my walk with Jo, I called in at The Ropewalk in Barton, to see if there was anything interesting going on. I found an exhibition of pictures and sculptures called Space Urchins, Dark Matter and Positive Energies, by Andi Dakin. The spikey spheres appear to be balancing on top of each other, I can see no other means of support. I'm not sure what they are made off, and I didn't dare to touch them to find out for fear of them all collapsing. I suspect they are some kind of ceramics, if they were rubber they would bend. 
How does he do that? There are no visible joins between them, no wire frame for support.

These sculptures under glass look like thimbles stuck onto rubber balls. Love the creativity of his ideas.


Single spikes attached to a clear perspex ball. 

How these are able to remain standing up against the wall, I couldn't work it out.





A few small sculptures were on display in a cabinet in the shop. Can't remember the exact price, around £25 each. My apologies for the hazy pictures, I discovered that my camera lens needed cleaning after the battering from the wind.

I've had a look for Andi's web site but I can't find one. Here is a bit about him with some of his paintings, on the Kingston Art Group web site.

Lunch today was pasta. I made extra portions yesterday, and warmed some through in oil in a small pan. Added garlic powder and some powdered veg stock, some grated cheese, and scrambled two eggs into it. Served with two tomatoes. Very nice it was.

Here's a money saving tip for you. If you have a small to medium size dog, don't buy proper dog poo bags. Buy a pack of Tesco nappy bags, you get 300 for 35p, yes, only 35p Other supermarkets probably have something similar, but I'm not sure of the price. They are not much good for bigger dog poo's though. And don't forget, another tip, Poundland is not always the cheapest, shop around.



I think it's stopped raining, maybe a good time to go out. Thanks for popping in. Catch ya soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment