Thursday, January 7, 2016

I'm having a souper day

Hello. More chuffin rain coming down on us today. It went very foggy for about half an hour, how can there be rain and fog at the same time? A mystery to me. I thought someone had lit a bonfire, it came down all of a sudden, now it's gone. This global warming palaver is playing games. 
I have three packets of Brussels Sprouts, 10p on a yellow sticker, to use up. So, what to do with them. Make soup. Chop them into quarters. Add four chopped baby turnips. Bring to the boil and then simmer in a stainless steel pan. 
Add a handful of spinach.

And the last few leaves from a salad bowl (10p sticker).

Spices needed. I added a teaspoon of vegetable granules. And a small chunk of grated cheese. 
Looking good, smells good. The meter reading man arrived at this time, so I showed him the meter.

It only takes a few minutes to cook, then zap with the stick blender. Excuse my manners but I ate it straight from the pan, less washing up. It was bloomin lovely. I was going to save a portion for later, but once I started I couldn't stop. I scoffed the lot. Cost? About 18p. If you are cold, fed up, and hungry, make soup. it's a great body warmer.

I hope the rain stops soon, enough to do a walk. I am up to 18 miles this month, having made up the 3 miles I missed on the 1st. It's a bit darker now that everyone has taken down their Christmas lights. Keep at it everyone, only 358 days left to do  ;o)

Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment