Saturday, January 12, 2013

A look into the future.

I looked at a piece of plastic and saw a face. I saw a robot, an alien, a strange creature from another planet. It had eyes, a mouth, and hands.  
Then I saw a spaceship, and it had windows. It's eyes have bionic vision, being able to see in all directions without moving. The flames glow red at the tips giving it the extra thrust it needs to leave the earths atmosphere and fly a million light years through the universe. 
There was a slash with jagged edges, it had been in a battle and was bleeding.
Looking out of the windows I saw ten little faces, miniature robots, not yet fully formed. They are waiting patiently for the right time to leave the parent robot.



I think it makes a nice centre piece above my fireplace.
And this is how it began, a piece of wrecked car.
What did I use to create this. Coloured vinyl, two flip tops from shampoo bottles, six curly electric cables, six pieces of  wire, hearing aid battery pack, the batteries replaced with beads, a pewter cat earring, a floppy disc, three silver discs from key rings, vinyl silk emulsion paint, and acrylic paint. It cost me virtually nothing.  I think it's turned out quite good, exactly how I imagined it. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment