Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dressed for a walk in the snow

This post is for people who like snowy pictures, and anyone else. After a late start this morning, I didn't get out of bed till 10.30am, no, I tell a lie, I got out of bed at 7.15am, made a mug of coffee, and got back in again.  Anyway, I set off for a walk at 11.30am, after a late breakfast. A few other people had the same idea, walking is very popular round here. I took a few photo's.  .


I like this knotty growth around the bottom of the tree. It looks like there is a figure hugging it.
I made a little video

I think I misjudged the angle of the camera towards the end, so here is a pic of the rest of me . I look like a shepherdess who has lost her sheep, ha ha. .
The walk took a couple of hours, due to me stopping to natter to people. Everyone was in a jolly mood and enjoying the snow. I must say it was hard going in places, due to the ground being frozen, with deep ruts in it. I'm glad I took the walking stick to steady me.
I've made a start on the rug, the latch hook is not working so well, so I have changed to a crochet hook. There won't be a particular pattern to the colours, just a mish mash, higgledy piggledy, mix them up, jumble. This is my first attempt, I'll see how it goes. Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip.
Note. This post has been edited due to a judgemental comment made by a judgemental person who jumped to conclusions and got the completely wrong end of the stick. To that person, think before you make ridiculous assumptions and accusations, you don't know the full facts of the situation. I have removed the paragraph in case someone else jumps on me with a stupid remark, I can do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment