Friday, January 18, 2013

A new project using up scraps

I've got far too much fabric, I need to get rid of some. This is a pile of old clothes, some of them mine,  some I bought from car boot sales, and some given to me. I am fed up of it lying around, I need to do something with it.
I have got one of these, goodness knows where it came from, it was probably in a box of stuff my friend gave to me when she was having a sort out. My mum used to have one, she made all our rugs with it, I remember helping her to cut up our old clothes into strips.
I think I'll have a go at this. Today I spent a few hours cutting up several teeshirts, two bits of sweatshirts, and two pairs of shorts. The jersey fabric stretches quite well and is soft. It will make a nice rug.
I found this mesh kind of stuff in my garage. It fell off the back of a lorry, ha ha. It is very strong, I think it was used to secure the contents inside a container so they wouldn't move about and get damaged. No one wanted it so I nabbed it. It will do nicely as a backing for my rug. I don't know how many strips of fabric I will need, I have never made one before. I've checked out a few videos on yootoob to see how to do it. I will make a start tomorrow.
If anyone is still wanting to know what I eat, here is my menu for today. Breakfast was bran flakes with diluted evap milk and a greek style yogurt on top. The yogurts were only 15p for four, and I got two packs. Lunch was a cheese sandwich in lovely seeded bread, with masses of water cress stuffed inside. Dinner was the usual steamed veg, with half a tray of cauliflower cheese. Fandabidozi :o)
I didn't bother going out at all today. I kept thinking I might go out and get some snowy pics, but then got on with the job of cutting fabric, and by the time I was ready to go out it had started snowing. At least we haven't had it as bad as some parts of the country. I've been listening to the weather reports on the radio, there has been accidents all over the place with lots of road closures. I aint goin nowhere when it's like this. I hope you are keeping safe and snug if the weather is affecting you. And for the people in Australia, don't forget to put loads of sun cream on, and eat lots of ice cream to keep cool.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment