Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ignoring the sell by dates on food.

Just poppin in to give a quick update on the food situation here at Tightwad Towers. My last Tesco shop was eight days ago, when I spent £8 +. I got a few bits from town the day after, eggs, cheese, and some veg. Today I used the last of the bagged salad leaves for my lunch, had to pick a few wilty bits from it, but that's not bad for saying it was eight days out of date. Some of the veg went in a three day stew which I have now eaten, and all the yogurt has gone, so has the bread. However I still have enough food to last me untill possibly Wednesday, so I am going to make it last, and stretch a weekly supermarket shop to two weeks.
This is my dinner for tonight. Sorry about the quality of the photo, very dark and very light colours don't photograph well with a flash. There is spinach, (still got some left for tomorrow), frozen salmon portion, cous cous, and today I boiled the two packs of fresh beetroot that I paid 36p for last week. A very healthy meal I think.
I've spent most of the day working on the peg rug, it's growing inch by inch, and looking good. It's started to thaw a bit here, but the pavements are still covered in hard compacted ice. It's very slippery to walk on, so I stayed in today. I'll go back downstairs now and do a bit more of the rug, while listening to Radio 4. Toodle pip. Catch you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment