Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oooooh, look at the muck in here :o)

I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning today, oh how flippin boring that was. I can't find any enthusiasm for these mundane tasks. I believe that some people actually like housework, goodness knows why. You sweep, dust, polish, vacume, wipe, and wash down, and bugger me, five years later it's all dirty again. I noticed that my front door and front porch was looking a bit shabby so I suppose it needed doing, after all, you never know who is going to step over your threshold.

So it was down with the net curtain, and into a sink full of hot soapy water it went. You should have seen the muck come out of it, I'm surprised that I managed to restore it to almost white again, thanks to a splash of bleach.  The home made shoe rack in the corner came out, boots and shoes were removed and it was wiped down with a wet cloth. All the nicknacks hanging on the wall were taken down. It took seven bowls of hot soapy water to wipe down the walls on two sides, the front door, and the glass at the front. I got fed up then and got the Dyson out to clean the carpet, and put everything back.

Well at least it now looks respectable for when people visit. You never know, the Queen might pop in to see me. Oh, I forgot, I am the Queen, ha ha.

My car insurance came up for renewal last week, pleased to say the cost is much lower than last year. That's because I have had a claim free couple of years, so it has gone back to what it was before I claimed. I also got it down a bit more by reducing my annual mileage, from 8,000 to 6,000. They told me that figure is not set in stone, and as long as I get it somewhere near I'll be alright. I don't seem to be doing many miles at the moment, I limit my short journeys and save up the miles for the longer trips.

My flippin knees are aching, I've got a big ginger cat sprawled right across them. Bugsy is going to have to move in a minute. My dinner tonight was steamed potatoes and cauliflower, with half a microwaved cauliflower cheese ready meal, with black eyed beans and garlic cream cheese added to it. Luverly jubberly.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment