Thursday, January 10, 2013

Organising my cupboards

I thought I might go shopping tonight, but look at the time. I can't be bothered, besides I have plenty of food left here, I can last a few more days. Someone asked if I could post about my cupboards, now who was it? Frugalthingymabobwotsit, blimey what a long winded name. She wants to be nosey and see what I have in my store. Well here you are then. I did this once before but it was such a long time ago, the post has probably dropped down into the bowels of the blog, ha ha. 
I have oil, lemon juice, mustard, packets of spicey flavourings for stews, vinegar, tomato sauce, cuppa soups, stock cubes. This is all I need to add flavour to my food. There's a big bag of turmeric at the back which I use a lot of. I stocked up on the lemon juice while it was cheap.   
Various tins. Fruit, beans, tomatoes, rice pudding, spaghetti, sweetcorn, peas, and a jar of lemon curd. These basics do me fine. I might get some different beans next time I am in town, and I need some chick peas, will look in the Asian shop for them as that's where they are cheapest, although I have seen some in Home Bargains for 33p.
Sultanas, pasta, rice, cous cous, curry powder. I usually have some nuts and seeds in here, but I have run them down at the moment. Might get some more but they are very expensive now.
Cereals, five boxes of bran flakes, wheat biscuits, porridge. Someone gave me the instant cook in the microwave porridge, I am not too keen, prefer the proper stuff. Tesco Value has just gone up from 75p to 85p. Other supermarkets have put their up the same. Still a good buy though. Bran Flakes are 88p, no need to buy Kellogs.
Sixteen tins of evap milk, peanut butter, coffee, cocoa, fruit juices. I won't be buying that cocoa again, it's not very nice. Two tins of cider. I don't keep cider in all the time, I got a couple of packs for Christmas. I wait till I run out then buy another fourpack. Cider is a treat.
What's in the door of the fridge. Cream cheese, marmite, honey, garlic, peanut butter, lemon curd, fruit juice to dilute, lemon juice, and yogurt. The rest of the fridge is almost empty.  
I don't buy things that I might only use very occasionally. I don't like food hanging around for years, then getting chucked because I probably won't finish it. Just a few simple spices is fine by me, I am into simple cooking which requires basic ingredients, nothing too fancy for me.  
Today, breakfast was bran flakes. Lunch was a tub of home made curry with tagliatelle. Dinner was grilled salmon, steamed new potatoes, onion, runner beans, and sweetcorn, drizzled with toasted sesame seed oil. In between meals I ate some grapes and a banana, oh, and I pinched a bit if cheese. And by the way, I didn't tidy the cupboards just for the photographs, they are always like this. I like to see what I've got without scrambling through a lot of clutter.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment