Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Frugal Christmas dinner.

I've had a very quiet and simple Christmas Day, doing much the same as I would do on any other day. First thing this morning I had breakfast in bed, cereal and yogurt, and watched Coronation Street catch up on the laptop. A nice gentle start to the day. Then after doing a few household chores I fixed the broken table/work bench outside the back door, so now the pussies have something to sit on in the sun, and shelter underneath in the rain.
Lunch was salad, prawn cocktail, and the second posh salmon fish cake, very nice. 
I had a lazy afternoon watching some more comedy on Yootoob, Catherine Tate is such a scream when she plays the part of Nan. Oh dear, the air is blue with her swearing but I have to laugh.
My Christmas dinner was a vegetable curry, made with a 15p bag of beans and veg. I added some more carrots which needed using up, and an apple and some sultanas. This is the first time I have made a curry properly with curry powder, I usually use a packet sauce mix.  
It turned out very well, quite delicious in fact, all washed down with a can of pear cider. There are three more portions to go in the freezer for another time.  
Almost at the end of another Christmas Day. I hope you have enjoyed yours, I certainly have. I'll leave you with one of Nan's comedy clips, If you are offended by bad language don't watch it. If you do, watch to the end, it's funny. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment