Monday, December 3, 2012

The versatility of pea soup :o)

Slice of pea soup anyone? It's good stuff this, could lay bricks with it, ha ha. I left the soup in the pan overnight to find it had set like a blancmange, I can slice it into cake size pieces. 
I couldn't resist trying a spoonfull while it was cold, and do you know it tastes quite nice. It has a nutty pea taste due to the toasted sesame seed oil I put in. I filled five plastic pots. I was going to freeze it but I don't think I will bother now. I'll leave it in the fridge and use it up. I think I've invented another version of hummus. Wonder if I ought to find a backer for my new fledgling business, I might be able to get it in all the major supermarkets.
Spread it on wholemeal bread, add grated cheese, it makes a great sandwich.
I like inventing new things to eat. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment